dimanche 23 janvier 2011

crocheting for a cause....

This week, I found an amazing cause which is aiming to help victims of the horrendous Queensland floods. As I was in Queensland at the time, I was very thankful that the areas in which I was staying - Townsville and Mackay - were spared the torrential downpour. Many other places, however, were not so lucky.

So I have decided to chip in and contribute towards this fabulous idea, the brainchild of Sarah London - Crochet a Rainbow.


The idea behind Crochet a Rainbow is to get lots of people to crochet a few granny sqaures each (or however many they wish!) and to send to Sarah, who will make them into throw rugs for the victims.

I'm sure many of us remember having beautiful crocheted rugs when we were younger (my mum still has mine ^_^ ) and I hope that these gorgeous homemade blankets will provide a bit of comfort to those displaced from their homes.

Please, if you can crochet, pick up your hook and get to it!!! Sign up at http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/crochet-a-rainbow/ now! And if you don't know how to crochet, now is the perfect time to learn!!!

All the best, and happy crocheting!

|| pip ||

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire