mardi 4 janvier 2011

...back to originals ... origami ^_^

Back when I still lived at home with the family in Brunswick (nb: near Bunbury aka: Funbury), I went through a bit of an origami phase and had paper cranes all throughout my room. I went out to Thai tonight (and again, ate WAAAAAAAAAY too much.... But it was so good ^_^ ) and the paper napkins were folded like lotus flowers and looked sensational! Anyway, this reminded me of all the paper cranes and how I used to love origami.

This in turn reminded me of when we read the book Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes in primary school, which is such a sad, sad story of Sadako, a 12 year old Japanese girl from Hiroshima who died of Leukemia due to radiation from the Hiroshima atomic bomb, and is one of the best deterrents against nuclear war - the radiation poisoning of children.

It has inspired me to start origami-ing again, and I only hope I can create something such as this:

I have found this awesome book on the bookdepository.co.au called Crease+Fold which I have on order so I shall be able to get my origami on as soon as I arrive back in the West of Australia.

Here is a simple guide to starting your own collection of paper cranes - make them all different colours and sizes.

"This is our cry. This is our prayer. Peace on Earth." - Hiroshima Peace Memorial

|| pip ||

1 commentaire:

  1. I love that photo of all the cranes! Also, when I was little I knew how to to make lotus flowers from napkins ... if I can remember I will show you one day ^_^

    RépondreSupprimer