jeudi 6 janvier 2011

clutching a whole new fiction...

I first saw these book clutches by French designer Olympia Le-Tan heralded down the glamorous red carpet by no other than Natalie Portman, and quite simply, it was love at first sight!


Le-Tan has released a range of these purses, hand-stitched versions of 20th century classic fiction book covers, such as the following:





The new collection "You can't judge a book by it's cover" and other "stuff" can be found at http://www.olympialetan.com/ .

Since I am becoming perhaps maybe half a wizz at book safes, I thought I'd give one of these a try (but don't hold me to the whole hand-stitched perfect French clutch thing... It may well end up being held together by duct tape >_< ). I think Lisa has even set up a Crafternoon in order to have a stab at these babies ^_^ !

On the topic of books, etc, I just finished reading The Desert Spear, the second installment of Peter V. Brett's Demon Cycle (I think that is what is called...) series. Anyway, awesome stuff if you're like me, and the classical literature gets a bit heavy and boring, and you like to grab for the nearest fantasy book.... Or let it be recommended to you by a close friend... *cough* Lisa. If you're bored this holidays, or stuck with nothing much to do at work, grab the first book, The Painted Man, and start tearing through it - it's some good stuff! At the least, check out the author's website. Anyway, how cool are these photos I found on there? People who have created stuff with wards (like magical symbols) depicted in the book? I was pretty impressed :)

Lanterns with wards painted on 

Warded charm bracelet  

Warded ring

So cool (and nerdy) I'm tempted to try and recreate ^_^

|| pip ||

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire