lundi 16 août 2010

learning to live below the line...

So I'm part of this movement of young people who think that poverty really isn't the coolest kid on the block, and has to go - the Oaktree Foundation.


Oaktree came up with this fantastic idea to "Live below the line" - get people to sponsor us to live below the poverty line for a week (ie: spend NO MORE than $2 AUD on food per day), and put the funds raised towards our Cambodia schools initiative. It is a pretty awesome idea. 






Anyway, this week, I am Living Below the Line – no more than $2AUD per day on food.

So today was the first day of starvation.

Total food count today stands as such:

-    - Tea
-    - Rice crackers
-    - Rice for dinner
-    - More tea

Suprisingly, it wasn’t that bad, although I do miss things that do not taste like cardboard – seriously guys, flavor is so underrated.

I’d love to thank everyone who has suppprted myself and the cause (Cambodian schools initiative) – it all makes a difference (how awesome am I at corny and cliché?).

To everyone else, myself and the team would love your support, even if it is simply words of encouragement :) If you want to do a tad more (ie: donate), check out http://www.everydayhero.com.au/phillipa.edmiston

I’ll be blogging my starvation journey throughout the week, so I’ll keep you posted :)

|| pip ||

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire