mardi 17 août 2010

definately living below some line...

So, I've survived through day two of live below the line.

Total food consumed consisted of:

- Oatbran for breakfast
- Green tea
- More green tea
- Rice and lentils for dinner
- More tea (tea is the most amazing appetite suppressant, by the way ;) )

I have definitely been feeling the pinch of hunger, and it definitely is making me grumpier and less tolerant, but I somehow think that this in no way compares to what others in developing countries, living off under US$1.25 a day are going through.

For one, their US$1.25 has to cover everything - food, clothes, shelter, education, medical supplies/treatment, transport , etc.

My scant per day costings are only going towards my food - I am still able to transport myself around in my lovely non-carbon neutral car, I still have money to pay for books for my education (the French book I bought the other day cost me $50 - go figure), if I need medication or to go to the doctor, I am still able to do that. For these people, this is little more than a dream.

So, if you're feeling guilty yet at my lack of food, and the necessary poverty of others, donate at http://www.everydayhero.com.au/phillipa_edmiston . Or alternatively, if you wanted, go educate yourself on the issues of the developing world, and get into it - volunteer with an organisation (I volunteer for Oxfam - awesome developmental agency - they have offices in most major cities, etc; there is the Red Cross; Oaktree, if you are a young Australian :) ; and dozens more) - find one that does something for you, or stands for what you believe in.

Enough talk for now - I'll catch you tomorrow for another "starvation update" ;)

|| pip ||

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire